Sleep apnea is a disorder in which a person cannot breathe properly, including breathing stops while sleeping.
People with sleep apnea suffer many abnormal breathing sessions during a night of sleep and may not get the oxygen their body needs. As a result, they don’t get restful sleep and always experience tiredness.
If left untreated, it can lead to serious health consequences. Therefore if you find any sleep apnea symptoms, contacta sleep apnea dentist midtown. Moreover, treatment of sleep apnea disorder can heal, relieve symptoms and improve sleep quality.
There are three types of sleep apnea disorder, obstructive sleep apnea, central apnea, and mixed sleep apnea. Diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea are the basis of a person’s breathing and severity.
The signs and symptoms of sleep apnea depend on whether a person is experiencing obstructive sleep apnea, mixed sleep apnea, or central sleep apnea. However, they share some common symptoms, such as:
- Too much sleepiness or napping during the day times
- If you experience frequent nighttime wakefulness
- Waking up with a headache
- Difficulties in concentration during studying
Symptoms associated with OSA include:
- Snoring loudly
- Waking up gasping for air or making sounds
- Dry mouth in the morning
- If you experience too much urinating several times
People with central sleep apnea may not notice symptoms until someone tells you or sees you sleeping.
Snoring is common and does not necessarily mean you are suffering from sleep apnea because there are other reasons for snoring, including nasal congestion, pregnancy, and alcohol drinking.
Almost everyone snores occasionally. Snorers who do not have sleep apnea disorder rarely wake up snoring or find difficulty breathing. As a result, they don’t oversleep as a person with sleep apnea.
sleep apnea specialist can tell if a person suffers from sleep apnea or has a different health condition. Several symptoms of sleep apnea, like daytime sleepiness and snoring, can also be caused by other health conditions.
If you’re suffering from sleep apnea, you should contact a sleep apnea clinic near me for thorough treatment and diagnosis of the discomfort. Furthermore, you should tell them if you don’t get reduced.
Some reasons increase the risk of developing obstructive or central sleep apnea.
A person’s chances of developing obstructive sleep apnea increase with age, reaching its peak during the sixties or above.
- Obstructive sleep apnea is very common among males.
- A person with an unhealthy body or obesity is more likely to increase the OSA chance by nearly 60% compared to a fit person.
Central sleep apnea has some same risk factors as OSA, but it has other factors also, including:
- An infection or injury can cause central sleep apnea to the brain stem, a stroke, or a heart.
- Certain medications or drugs can increase the chance of central sleep apnea.
If you are suffering from snoring or dry mouth, you should consider contacting a sleep apnea dentist in Houston for a thorough diagnosis and sleep apnea dental appliance near me.